My Reading Notes:
- Son asked ” Why would you be so elated by material profit?”. Father replied ” The one who pursues a goal of even-mindedness is neither jubilant with gain nor depressed by loss. He knows that man arrives penniless in this world, and deports without a single rupee.
- God is simple. Everything else is complex. Do not seek absolute values in the relative world of nature.
- After you leave here today, an unusual experience will come your way.
- It was by indomitable persistence in thoughts of health and strength that I overcame my handicap. I have every reason to extol the compelling mental vigor which I found to be the real subduer of royal Bengals.
- I have left a few paltry rupees, a few petty pleasures, for a comic empire of endless bliss. How then have I denied myself anything? I know the joy of sharing the treasure. Is that a sacrifice? The shortsighted worldly folk are verily the renunciates! They relinquish an unparalleled divine possessions for a poor handful of earthly toys.
- As all things can be reflected in water, so the whole universe is mirrored in the lake of the Cosmic Mind.
- Ordinary love is selfish, darkly rooted in desires and satisfactions. Divine love is without condition, without boundary, without change. The flux of the human heart is gone forever at the transfixing touch of pure love.